At the Tuesday April 7th on-line meeting of the Board of Directors, some of the decisions and recommendations made included the following:
- Funds budgeted for International service projects have been re-allocated for the purposes of local community service.
- An immediate donation of $5000 was made to the Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital Foundation
- Roughly $2000 has been held in reserve, anticipating support of local food banks, and perhaps other community needs, in the near future
- Picton Rotarians are encouraged to donate from their $20 per week savings on Rotary lunches to further bolster funds available for local needs as the pandemic continues. Donations can be made to The Rotary Club of Picton by cheque mailed to P.O. Box 6015, Picton, ON, K0K 2T0, or by e-transfer to our Treasurer, Maurice Carlier, at Mauricebcarlier@gmail.com Tax receipts will be issued.
- Board members were to contact club members to urge them to participate in helping our community by availing themselves of one or more of the following activities:
- Delivering Meals on Wheels for Community Care for Seniors
- Making grocery deliveries for Community Care for Seniors
- Making telephone calls to Community Care for Seniors clients.
- All of the above can be kickstarted by individual Rotarians calling Community Care for Seniors at 613 – 476-1555, or by e-mail to email@example.com
- making deliveries of cases of hand sanitizers from Kinsip Distillery to seniors residences. If you can help here, contact Rob Leek at 613-393-2999 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
It is the board’s hope that EVERY Rotarian can apply our Service Above Self motto to the COVID-19 pandemic by making calls from home, by picking up and dropping off food and/or medicinal products, and by donating to the cause.
Finally, the board will be attempting to connect us all for future meetings on-line via ZOOM. Stay tuned for details.